Friday, September 3, 2010

Queen Rania of Jordan (@queenrania) turned 40 this week #2 > her wedding

Photobucket

Rania's husband fondly says it was love at first sight when he first met his wife-to-be over 17 years ago. Their eyes met at a dinner party hosted by the then Prince's sister, Princess Aisha - and after a whirlwind romance, they were married just six months later on June 10, 1993. "The minute Rania walked in, I knew it right there and then," Abdullah has said. "It was love at first sight." The object of his affections was a little less forthcoming, however. "I knew he was King Hussein's son, and I was a bit wary of that," she has revealed. "But I think he was quite interested, and he pursued it and it kind of happened. It was quick... nobody knew who I was, which is good."

Sitemeter