Saturday, January 8, 2011

Check out my royal news preview for 2011

I am not a psychic nor do I mean to be one. But I am an avid royal-watcher (have you noticed?) and I am looking forward for this year full of excitement. This is what I think will happen and I will be happy to check it all out in 11 months to see what came true and through and what fell short.

Belgium
Well, as much as I really like the Brabants, I do not see nothing new happening in this family. Everybody is more or less well married, full of kids and they have enough political problems to deal with already. Might be a quiet year for Belgian monarchy. 

Denmark
Oh yeahhhhhhhhhh! babies, two babies on the way! maybe three (if princess Marie is pregnant sometime during the year?). How excited are we about those twins? will it be a boy and a girl? two boys? two girls? what will be the names? I am very excited. It can happen anytime soon. It can be happening now, as you read this!

Liechtenstein
Well, they are like that side to each family that never call or give news. Therefore, we do not know much about them and they do not know much about us. But we hope they are still alive and well and if we get to get any news, we hope they will be full of joy.

Luxembourg
What could possibly happen in Luxembourg in the future?

Monaco
This will be a big year for Monaco. The eternal-bachelor Prince Albert II is finally getting married to his beautiful South African goddess, Charlene Wittstock. She already looks like a princess, making us, royal watchers, damn proud.
This might also be the year we see Princess Caroline finally getting a divorce after so many public appearances without her husband, Prince Ernst of Hannover. Hope they do not keep that quiet so that is does not cause a turmoil: it already is a turmoil!
I do not see any engagements for now. Caroline's three older kids, the Casiraghi gang, are all dating seriously for years but still young and enjoying life and its bliss.

The Netherlands
Well, I think the same as of the Brabants for the Oranje. They are all set, married and working a lot to make the world a better place. I do not think any new pregnancies will be announced this year. It will be a year of growth, but not in quantity but as of quality for the Dutch.



Norway
I do not see either Mette-Marit or Martha-Louise being pregnant this year. The first is working hard alongside her husband to promote their country, their family (their youtube channel is a success) and Martha-Louise is too busy talking to angels (and defending herself on the matter).

Spain
There has been much speculation on whether King Juan Carlos resigns or not and makes his son - Crown Prince Felipe - King. I really don't know about this. I know his health is failing on him but I do not know how ready Felipe (or Spain) is ready to be made King this promptly. Time will tell. As for kids, I don't think Letizia will be pregnant again this year. Or ever again.
And I think it would be nice to see Infanta Elena move on with her love life. But thing is that she is one of the most discreet women in the world. Even if something was going on, she would preserve herself from the hassle of spotlight.

Sweden
Could Victoria get pregnant this year, pretty please? Oh well, I would understand if she did not, as she seems to be enjoying her marriage like a young teen. And I am happy for her. But I hope a pregnancy comes along in 2011 or early 2012. Wouldn't we be ecstatic?
As for Madeleine, I hope she finds a new true love and can feel better and free to be back to Sweden on a normal basis, as she now "ran away" to New York to overcome her terrible break. I wish nothing but the best to her. Becoming more like her sister (physically) is also happening. Did you notice that?
As for Carl Orlando Bloom Philip, will he try to make his girlfriend, Sofia Hellqvist into a more... royal material? let's see what happens. I am excited!

United-Kingdom
Dear oh dear, this might be better than 1981. 30 years after, we finally have a wedding we are really looking VERY forward to. It will be massive, lavish but not too much and just a festival of happy tears, I feel it already. Let's not "overtalk" about it (at least, I know I won't on RO), just a constant stream of news without overdoing it. We want to be happy about the news and not vomit about William and Kate, do we agree?
I think this year can be Harry's. I mean, he is just THE bachelor, the free spirit, the grounded boy, the humanitarian, the man. The best man. His brother's best man, per se. He can grow a few years older this year. And I am pretty much looking forward to that.
And we also have the queen's Jubilee. But who could really only focus on it while we are longing for such a big wedding?

Sitemeter