Saturday, April 30, 2011

Queen Margrethe, King Harald & Queen Sonja - or how this wedding made me miss the Scandinavian royal weddings!










Queen Margrethe of Denmark, King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway attended the Pre-Wedding Party on April 28th's evening. Seeing them attend really reminded me and made me miss the royal weddings in Scandinavia and all the gang: Crown Prince Haakon of Norway and his wife, Mette-Marit did not attend. Neither did Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and his wife, Mary. Let's not even add Martha-Louise, her handsome husband Ari Behn, Princess Madeleine and let's get him married soon Prince Carl Philip. Thank God Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel attended to save me from further dismay! In previous weddings, as they are really close, they all attended and the dozens of photos and videos where we could see them laughing and bonding were always the life of the party. It did not happen here, the Windsors(-Mountbatten) do not seem to be that close to any foreign royal family except the Greek one (I am exaggerating, I know. But you get my point).
Another thing that was striking was the fact that Prince William and bride, Kate Middleton, did not attend their own Pre-Wedding Party that was hosted by Lady Elizabeth Anson (pictured above with Queen Margrethe). And the party they threw themselves and attended yesterday, the wedding night, had no foreign royals in their guest lists. It gave me this little impression of two parallel worlds going on that one of the only low points for the royal watcher that I am. But it is just a detail. But still important for me.

Changing topics, Queen Sonja looked beautiful in red, which a flamenco vibe to her hairpiece. Queen Margrethe looked... faithful to herself. Missed her smily husband too.

Sitemeter