Prince William was born at St Mary's Hospital in London on June 21st, 1982, the elder son of Prince Charles and Princess Diana, the Prince and Princess of Wales. He was baptised in the Music Room of Buckingham Palace on 4 August 1982 (his paternal great-grandmother, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother's 82nd birthday).
William's godparents are:
- former King Constantine II of Greece
- Princess Alexandra, The Honourable Mrs Angus Ogilvy (the youngest granddaughter of King George V of the United Kingdom and Mary of Teck & widow of Sir Angus Ogilvy)
- Natalia Grosvenor, the Duchess of Westminster
- Lady Susan Hussey (Woman of the Bedchamber to Queen Elizabeth II)
- Lord Romsey (himself a godchild of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh)
- Sir Laurens van der Post.