Friday, May 20, 2011

[Bhutan] 31-year-old King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck to marry 20-year-old commoner Jetsun Pema in October

And there will be another royal wedding this year! 31-year-old King of Bhutan, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, will be getting married in October as it was announced today, as he opened his country's parliament.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald, King Jigme Khesar "revealed his intention to marry 20-year-old student Jetsun Pema during an address to parliament".
Jetsun, a very beautiful young girl yet a commoner, was born in Thimphu, the capital of Bhutan, on June 4th, 1990.
He "is an Oxford-educated (now) bachelor crowned in the remote Himalayan country in 2008".
As a King, he has also been helping "usher in democracy in the Buddhist nation". He declared as he announced his decision that "as king, it is now time for me to marry. After much thought I have decided that the wedding shall be later this year"

According to Hello Magazine, he also added that "people might think that my queen should be highly educated, beautiful and best of the best". He said with a huge smile on his face. "Jetsun Pema is a kind-hearted girl who is very supportive and whom I can trust. I don't know what my people will say about her, but I find her complete with all the qualities a woman needs to have."

The couple are set to wed in October. I am sure it will be colourful and lavish! Congratulations to the young couple!

Sitemeter